WRTI Sustaining Membership: FAQ
Become a WRTI Sustaining Member
You designate the installment contribution amount to be transferred from your credit card account. It is then electronically deposited into our account. A record of your contribution will appear on your credit card statement. As a public radio Sustaining Member, your gift goes further by:
- Providing WRTI with a stable source of income to support the programming you value.
- Eliminating installment reminder notices.
- Decreasing the amount of time needed for on-air fundraising.
Membership Made Easy
It’s As Easy As 1-2-3!
- Choose how much you want to contribute to WRTI monthly.
- Send in your pledge through the mail, online here, or by calling 866-809-9784.
- Sit back and relax.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How long does it take for my withdrawals to start?
It takes approximately two weeks from the time of your initial pledge for your first payment to be charged to your credit card. Recurring charges will be processed on the 15th of each month (or the closest business day.)
2. How can I change my installment amount?
You can increase or decrease your Sustaining Membership financial commitment at any time by calling Membership Services at 215-204-2300. If you need to update your credit card or expiration date, please contact us directly as well. You will also have the opportunity to change your contribution amount each year when you receive your membership anniversary letter. Please do not call the Pledge Line (1-866-809-9784).
3. Do I still qualify to receive a thank-you gift?
Yes! If you selected a gift during a fund drive, (e.g. Fall Member Drive 2012), you will be eligible to select a gift when your pledge automatically renews in the Fall of 2013. This means that your sustaining pledge would have to fulfill for one year before you’re eligible for another gift.
4. Is my contribution still tax deductible?
Yes! You can request a tax receipt every January stating your total contributions from the previous year and the fair market value of any thank-you gifts you received during that calendar year.
5. Is my contribution still eligible for a match if I work for a Matching Gift company?
Yes, typically the matching form is processed following your final installment payment. Please be sure to send us your Matching Gift form as soon as possible. Indicate the full amount of your contribution on the form. You also have the option of having individual payment amounts matched. It’s completely up to you.
6. What if I have questions about my credit card statement?
Your installment will be automatically deducted on or close to the 15th of each month with a record of each transaction appearing on your credit card statement. If you have any questions regarding your statement, call us immediately at 215-204-2300. We will work with you to correct any problems and answer your questions.