There's An App For That!
Wed August 29, 2012
Listen to WRTI on your iPhone with the Free Public Radio Player App
How many times have you stayed glued to the seat of your car - refusing to turn the radio off even though you've arrived at your destination - because you just had to hear the end of that piano concerto or jazz tune you were listening to on WRTI?
For everyone who owns an iPhone or an iPod Touch, those days are over. With the free Public Radio Player Application, you can take the music with you!
Get the Public Radio Player Application for iPhones!
You can hear WRTI on your iPhone and iPod Touch with the Free Public Radio Player App 2.0
WRTI will be right there with you when you're on the go!
With the Public Radio Player app, you have access to WRTI's classical and jazz streams directly from your iPhone or iPod Touch. Plus, you can listen to streams from many other public radio stations.
It's easy to install the free Public Radio app from your iPhone and/or iPod Touch, or from the iTunes App Store.
How Can You Get It?
From your iPhone or iPod Touch:
1. From your iPhone or iPod Touch, click the App Store icon.
2. From the App Store, click the Search feature.
3. Type "public radio" and click Search. Public Radio Player will appear in the search results.
4. Click Public Radio Player. A description of the Public Radio Player application displays.
5. Click the Free button. It changes to an Install button.
6. Click the Install button.
7. Wait for the Public Radio application to be installed.
8. Click the Public Radio icon from the iPhone or iPod Touch home screen and listen!
From the iTunes Store:
1. Go to the App Store section of the iTunes Store.
2. Search for "public radio" and the Public Radio Player will appear in the search results.
3. Click the Get App button on the Public Radio Player application page
4. After the application is finished downloading to your computer, sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your iTunes account to add the Public Radio Player application to your iPhone.
5. Click the Public Radio Player icon from the iPhone or iPod Touch Home screen and listen!
Where Does it Work?
The Public Radio Player application works on all iPhones and iPod Touches. WRTI's classical and jazz streams perform best with a wifi or 3G connection, and will also work on the EDGE network.