Edvard Grieg was just 24 when he wrote his only completed piano concerto in 1868. It's one of his greatest works, and launched his international career. WRTI’s Susan Lewis has more.
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- The Soprano And The Scientist: A Conversation About Music And Medicine
- In A Lost Concert, Jaco Pastorius Sounded The Rhythm Of The City
- Saxophonist Sonny Rollins On His Colossal Archive
- Composer Angelo Badalamenti, Master Of Mood, Returns To 'Twin Peaks'
- Lou Harrison, The 'Maverick' Composer With Asia In His Ears