A classical percussionist takes on the music of jazz guitarist Pat Metheny. WRTI’s Susan Lewis has the story of a new concerto for vibraphone and marimba, arranged by Christopher Deviney, the Philadelphia Orchestra’s principal percussionist.
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- Composer Angelo Badalamenti, Master Of Mood, Returns To 'Twin Peaks'
- Lou Harrison, The 'Maverick' Composer With Asia In His Ears
- Jerry Goldsmith, 'The Composer's Composer,' Honored With Hollywood Star
- Her Violin Stolen, A Prodigy's World Became 'Unstrung'
- Radical Grooves And Hometown Heroes: Cuba's Lasting Jazz Legacy