On the stage of China's National Centre for the Performing Arts in Beijing—just a month ago—Yannick Nézet-Séguin , stood before his Philadelphia Orchestra and spoke to an audience that included sponsors, patrons, musicians, diplomats, Chinese government officials and business leaders, as well as delegations from Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- Geri Allen, Pianist, Composer And Educator, Dies At 60
- Meet Felix Mendelssohn, Composer Of The Original Song Of The Summer
- Newly Uncovered Recordings Find Thelonious Monk In His Prime
- Watch Conductor Simon Rattle Turn Into A High-Tech Tangle Of Spaghetti
- 2018 NEA Jazz Masters Class Honorees Include Dianne Reeves, Pat Metheny