Philadelphia Orchestra Principal Percussionist Christopher Deviney has long been drawn to the music of guitarist Pat Metheny and his composing partner, pianist Lyle Mays. And at 1 pm on WRTI, this Sunday’s Philadelphia Orchestra in Concert broadcast features the world-premiere performance of Deviney’s orchestration of three Metheny jazz tunes from his award-winning album, Imaginary Day into a Duo Concerto for Vibraphone, Marimba, and Orchestra .
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- Composer Angelo Badalamenti, Master Of Mood, Returns To 'Twin Peaks'
- Lou Harrison, The 'Maverick' Composer With Asia In His Ears
- Jerry Goldsmith, 'The Composer's Composer,' Honored With Hollywood Star
- Her Violin Stolen, A Prodigy's World Became 'Unstrung'
- Radical Grooves And Hometown Heroes: Cuba's Lasting Jazz Legacy