When the Philadelphia Orchestra commissioned Jonathan Leshnoff to write a concerto for principal clarinetist Ricardo Morales, the composer realized a connection between the clarinet and...the Hebrew alphabet. WRTI's Debra Lew Harder explains.
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- Newly Uncovered Recordings Find Thelonious Monk In His Prime
- Watch Conductor Simon Rattle Turn Into A High-Tech Tangle Of Spaghetti
- 2018 NEA Jazz Masters Class Honorees Include Dianne Reeves, Pat Metheny
- The Soprano And The Scientist: A Conversation About Music And Medicine
- In A Lost Concert, Jaco Pastorius Sounded The Rhythm Of The City