A classical percussionist takes on the music of jazz guitarist Pat Metheny. WRTI’s Susan Lewis has the story of a new concerto for vibraphone and marimba, arranged by Christopher Deviney, the Philadelphia Orchestra’s principal percussionist.
WRTI Picks from NPR Music
- 'The Tinder Opera' Creators Hope You Swipe Right On Online Opera
- 'I Called Him Morgan' Is A Tale Of Marriage, Murder And Jazz, Told From Two Sides
- On 'Fantasies,' Mozart and Schumann Shimmer In The Shadows
- Kelly Moran Plays 'Limonium,' A Propulsive, Glass-Fragile Piece For Prepared Piano
- Record Producer And Label Executive Tommy LiPuma Has Died At Age 80